Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Waiting to Hear Back

The waiting is always the worst. It doesn't matter what you're waiting for, good news or bad news, Christmas or boiling water, rejection or acceptance, the waiting is always the worst. So, I decided to blog about how long each literary magazine makes me wait for that inevitable rejection email.

Ruminate Magazine was the first magazine to which I ever submitted work. They emailed me 5 months later with a very kind rejection.

Poetry Magazine rejected me very quickly, within 1 month. It was a pithy but kind rejection.

Fogged Clarity sent me an email saying they received my submission, but that was the last I heard from them.

Barnwood got back to me within 1 week! It was a nice rejection email.

Winged Nation originally told me in an email that they would let me know the status of my submission in about a month. I never heard from them again. This was particularly frustrating to me, because this was the small magazine of the college I was attending. I expected more respect from my peers.


No comments:

Post a Comment